Sign in to follow this  
xecutionx

Post Your Desktop!

Ok, post your desktops here for others to view. If you don't know how, read this...

Look on your keyboard for Print Screen (PRT SCR) which is a key above the Delete key. After you press it, open Paint or another Graphical Program such as Photoshop and paste. Save the Image whatever you want, and upload it to orbitupload.com* (optional). I recommend posting the thumbnailed version.

Heres mine.

screen4go.th.jpg

Well, you can never have enough shortcuts, lol.

*Edited by Nathan: Changed from imageshack to orbitupload (my site), :P

Edited by Nathan

Cool desktop, what software are you using to make it do that?

I'll post my desktop soon, I'm not on my main computer right now.

Cool desktop, what software are you using to make it do that?

I'll post my desktop soon, I'm not on my main computer right now.

The XBL thing has a tutorial on xbox.com. As for the Floating Shoutcuts, and the Linux/Max lookalike bar thing, heres how.

Install Yahoo Widget Engine. Next, search the widget database on Yahoo Widgets for Zoomy Space Dock (thats the floating icons thing, you have to edit the settings in the widget engine to get it transparent) and Quick Launch Wheel. This engine can be used for alot more, such as recieving latest news on your desktop, weather, etc. This is what I have when I use the Heads Up Display.

screen26zb.th.jpg
I get the weather and computer stats, which is what I need. Edited by XeCuTiOnX

how much ram does all that widget stuff eat up? I use to use styleXP, but realize it sucked up my RAM. I would like features like that, but not the loss of performance

how much ram does all that widget stuff eat up? I use to use styleXP, but realize it sucked up my RAM. I would like features like that, but not the loss of performance

I doubt it uses alot of RAM, but when all my normal applications open, I use up about 500 megs out of 992. Windowblinds does hog your resources, but, I don't really notice any much of a difference, on this skin anyway. I'd say to try it out, and see what will be useful for you.

Hmmm I might try this out. Will it run properly if I change the registry so it only launchs on my account?

Here is mine! (My wallpaper is sweetness ^_^)

EDIT: Don't know how to do the thumbnail thingy, but just click on it, its there.

post-308-1146430681_thumb.jpg

The first one is my desktop, perfectly ordinary, and the second is my Start Menu, one of the few that remove redundant folders and categorize things.

scrdesktopthumb2up.gif scrstmenuthumb8xq.gif

Thanx X...

Here is my desktop! The windows theme is just a greyscale version of the standard luna theme that I downloaded which is used with the use of a hacked system32 dll. And incase you are wondering... Yes all the start menu icons were done manually. I can't edit the shell32 file on my computer for some reason! The FF skin is called Black Japan. The Winamp skin is just a default winamp modern color and everything else is windows native skinned. The start menu is done in the same way as Zarel's just using shortcuts to create a category header...

Desktop & Side Menu

Start Menu -> All Programs

I'm not showing off!

My desktop ^.^ desktop background made by meh, hehe

Taskbar hides, my privacy, along with my files are stored else where, (having alot of brothers and a sister and your pairents use this computer can be heck on files @.@ )

post-1097-1146498476_thumb.jpg

Ahhh the old Rollercoaster Tycoon! I still own that.... But it doesn't work with my Windows!

Mine causes my computer to hang while loading or it gives me an unhandled exception. I think its SP2 related cause thats about the time I started getting the errors!

lol, I see your using the widget engine. Damn, its cold where you live...

16 degrees isn't that cold. That's celcius mind you, it's about 60ºF.