See also: CPU Performance Help
This guide has tips and suggestions that may help to improve your GPU or discrete graphics performance. The guide is a work in progress - if you have any suggestions please contribute on the forums.
General Performance Tips
- Update your operating system and graphics drivers
- Check for graphics card firmware updates from your vendor's website
- Note: Firmware updates are less frequent, and differ from graphics driver updates.
- Check temperature - (In Novabench on Windows, click "Temperature")
- High temperature can throttle back your performance.
- Ideal temperatures vary by GPU. Ensure your temperature is within an ideal range under load.
- Ensure fans are working and clear of dust.
- Install the graphics card in the fastest PCIe slot
- Installing in a slower slot can limit performance in some applications/games.
- Check your motherboard manual.
- Ensure the card has an adequate power supply
- Check that all additional power cables are plugged into the card.
- Check that your power supply (PSU) wattage meets your system's power requirements.