See also: GPU Performance Help
This guide has tips and suggestions that may help to improve your CPU or general computer performance. The guide is a work in progress - if you have any suggestions please contribute on the forums.
General Performance Tips
- Update your operating system and all drivers
- Check background processes for high CPU or RAM usage [Win Mac ]
- Upgrade from a standard HDD to an SSD 
Tips for Addressing Underperformance
- Check temperature - (In Novabench on Windows, click "Temperature")
- High temperature can throttle back your performance.
- Ideal temperatures vary by processor. Ensure your temperature is within an ideal range under load.
- Ensure fans are working and clear of dust.
- Ensure the heatsink is well seated with appropriate thermal paste (advanced).
- Switch to a high performance power profile [Win ]
- Note: Experiment to find the balance between energy efficiency and performance that works for you
- Check RAM
Going FurtherEven if your system is performing where it should be, it may still be possible to push the performance further.
- Overclocking configures your system components to run faster than the manufacturer default.
- Not all computers can be overclocked.
- Many guides online cover overclocking in depth. [AMD Intel ]
- Other advanced BIOS configuration
- Beyond overclocking, other BIOS settings may improve performance.
- A general overview is available here.