Sign in to follow this  
prime

Really poor CPU score....

Just benchmarked my Ryzen 1800X, and getting a *REALLY* poor CPU score.

https://novabench.com/view/1320737

Everything else is in the same ballpark as similar systems, and though I'm on windows 7 which isn't officially supported, some people with similar processors and Win7 are getting 10x better CPU score.

Any idea what the problem is.

The thing is I don't notice any problems in any other apps, I can play games on it just fine (e.g. Doom 2017 @ 1920x1200 with default settings at about 120fps), other benchmark apps give the CPU a much better score.

Just run the CPU-Z benchmark and it benchmarkjs slightly faster than their reference 1800X, so I think something is amiss here.

Cheers.

Phill.

Edited by prime

Thanks for letting me know. Is the low score consistent if you run the benchmark multiple times?

I'll try to include this in the 4.0.1 bug fix release coming soon. Since just released 4.0 is a complete re-write of the tests there are a few issues left to shake out.

13 hours ago, Nathan said:

Thanks for letting me know. Is the low score consistent if you run the benchmark multiple times?

I'll try to include this in the 4.0.1 bug fix release coming soon. Since just released 4.0 is a complete re-write of the tests there are a few issues left to shake out.

Yep ran the benchmark 3 times, CPU scorers where : 103, 102 and 89. As said before everything else seemed consistent with the other hardware installed. I unfortunately don't have access to another Ryzen based system, or I'd try running it on that to double check.

Cheers.

Phill.