Sign in to follow this  
afcpatriots

Dont understand SLI fully

Hello Everyone,

Im new to this forum so sorry if this is a repeat thread. Maybe I'm someone who bought into the hype that multiple GPUs would be better than one. I have 3 Nvidia gtx 980 cards. I am trying to find the best settings for maximum performance. I am really questioning my thought process on multi GPU's mostly because I seem to get better bench results when I have SLI disabled. So if I understand this correctly, SLI disabled means its not sharing the load between GPU's? Maybe I have some settings wrong.. I'm really not sure what the best tweaks would be for max performance. When I see that compared to others with the same setup as myself im scoring very poorly its a little depressing to say the least. My games look and play great. just wondering why I would be scoring so low... and if SLI enabled or disabled is the way to go. Thank you for any help in advance!!!

The current version of Novabench doesn't support SLI. This is because SLI usually won't enable on windowed games, only full screen.

The beta version of Novabench should fix this. If you can try it here: https://beta.novabench.com/download, and let me know if your SLI performance works as expected.