njb

[OLD VERSION] Windows 10 & NovaBench does not show my overclock.

NovaBench on Windows 10 Pro only shows the base clock speed when I am overclocked.  Does NovaBench actually test anything or does it just read basic information about your computer (ie. Control Panel > System and Security > System Info - because that's what it's basing it's test on for me.    Windows 10 x64 - Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.318) And I did pay $200.00 USD for this.  My build specs can be found at the following link.  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AEON_Artistry/saved/  

NovaBench bases my score on the base clock of my i7 5820K CPU which is 3.30GHz - I am overclocked to 4.2GHz @100 x 42  

I have to be doing something wrong here, or is this a bug with the program and Windows 10?  Super frustrating! 

Is Windows 10 messing up the entire test by reporting the base clock instead of the overclock that NovaBench is supposed to read but can't?

Score    System Info
2584    Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30GHz at 3365MHz
   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
   GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
   RAM: 32668 MB
Submitted on June 15, 2016
Edited by njb
Added NovaBench Score

Thanks for letting me know. This is a bug it seems. Novabench does try to read your correct clock speed using a method beyond what the OS says. We'll be using a more accurate method in the next version.

The clock speed in your test results does not factor into the score. Your CPU was tested using the overclock, and will be scored higher than if you turn back to stock clock speed.

I'm having the same problem with Win 8.1, I got this result:

1016133.png

While in the background AMD Overdrive was showing 4616Mhz on all cores.

Edited by Taresk