NickPick528

Your Dream Computer

Hey Novabench Forums Users!

I don't know if this forum will get much attention judging by the fact that NB Forums users usually stick around for the "Post Your Benchmark Score" forum and then become inactive for millions of years, but I just want to know; what's your dream computer? What computer would you build/buy if money and design were no object? Remember to list:

• CPU
  • GPU
  • RAM
  • HDD/SSD

I'll start with mine:

Desktop:

• Intel Core i7-6700K Overclocked as high as possible with water cooled CPU cooler
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti (x2)
  • 64gb DDR4 2133MHz RAM
  • 800gb Intel SSD 750 + WD Black 2tb (x2, RAID 1)

Laptop:

• Intel Core i7-6920HQ 3.8GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
  • 32gb DDR4 2133MHz RAM
  • 500gb Samsung 850 PRO SSD + WD Scorpio Black 750gb

Good topic idea! And tell your friends about the fun times in Novabench Forums ;P

I used to use a real beast in grad school (I just used it, didn't own it). 128GB RAM, 32-core Xeons. But it was loud and enormous.

Practically speaking my dream computer in a new Mac Pro. Still really fast for almost anything, but in a sleek, small, quiet case. Of course it's too expensive for the specs, and I don't really need it, so it's just a dream computer.

I agree, that is an awesome design, but it's way too expensive, which I think all Apple products are anyway. The only problem I have with it is the GPU... I'd want something more like dual 970Ms or something but that just adds to the already crazy cost. On my dream desktop, I don't want it to be a full size ATX case, but the smallest as possible without affecting the performance, and for the laptop, I'd want it to be nice and thin, and look like a regular laptop, so kinda like a sleeper, design wise. I also changed my dream desktop to only have a single GTX 980Ti because 2 is going overboard (at least for me). 

P.S. I'll maybe try to get some people to join NB Forums, but I'm kinda the only 11 year old who likes technology this much in my class :)

20 hours ago, NickPick528 said:

P.S. I'll maybe try to get some people to join NB Forums, but I'm kinda the only 11 year old who likes technology this much in my class :)

I wouldn't have guessed, you sound older!

Nice to have a head start; I was pretty young when I started getting into tech. Keep it up!

i have my dream pc . i know it is not the best but for my needs it is just fine  benchmarked at around 2476 or so with other programmes running on windows 10 pro.

i shut down all the taxing apps and had cortana ? steam and teamspeak on. No m.2 drive yet,

but will do and i will pop back and  benchmark some time soon.

in a small orange   bitfenix prodigy case. which i slightly modded with cheap carbon fibre wrap round the sides for effect  6 months ago . i enjoyed the build it was different and a small challenge as i have hands the size of a shovel.

but fun build with a sharp blade and my big fingers made a spaghetti junction of the wiring while plugging in connecting and  testing.

asus gaming ( micro ) Z170  intel 1151 chip motherboard .

• CPU intel I7 6700K 4ghz 4core with hyperthreading.
  • GPU asus strix 980ti 6gb .
  • RAM corsair 3000mhz CL15.
  • HDD/SSD samsung 850 pro .
  • and a samsung 850  500 gb internal storage drive .
  • 42 inch monitor with 2 benQ monitors on the side. 
  • corsair h100 GT water cooling .
  • external storage 2tb western digital my passport portable ssd.
  • 15/02/2017 01:26:09
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i76700K 4.00GHz @ 4001 MHz
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

16323 MB System RAM (Score: 290)
    - RAM Speed: 22523 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 969)
    - Floating Point Operations/Second: 206859768
    - Integer Operations/Second: 1380171744
    - MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1534496

Graphics Tests (Score: 1176)
    - 3D Frames Per Second: 3011

Hardware Tests (Score: 41)
    - Primary Partition Capacity: 238 GB
    - Drive Write Speed: 240 MB/s
Edited by brain pc

okay i'll bite. My dream PC would be a nicer more expensive version of what I have now. Two months ago I built a system that incorporates :

• i5 6500 3.20 Ghz / 3.6 Turbo
  • Gtx 1060 6GB
  • 8GB 2133Mhz Memory
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • Samsung Evo 250 GB Solid State Drive
  • Western Digital Blue 1 TB 7200 rpm Hard Disk
  • Fractal Design white chassis (Purchased one additional Fan for a total of x3 140mm Fractal design Fans)
  • Asus z170 E Motherboard
  • EVGA 750 w Gold Certified Modular Power Supply.

If the sky was the limit I would of purchased a  2 TB Western Digital Blue Hard Disk, More Memory and higher end, i7 6700, and GTX 1080. I have no desire to overclock, use liquid cooling, SLI and that being the case even my current mainboard is overkill so Id also pass on X99.

In my new build I already possessed windows, the ssd so I saved money there that is all I could re use from my old system. While waiting for my 1060 to arrive the last component I ordered(I had the system built without it) I used my R7 370 I had purchased in 2015.

Edited by Strawberry Cough