Fewsilly

Windows 10 seems to have slowed my computer

I ran NB on my computer several times over the last few years and for some reason my results are very slow with windows 10.

I got an 1822 back in 2011 and a 1510 with windows 10 beta in May of this year after I overclocked my machine. I turned off the overclock and tested with windows 10 beta and got a 1432. I ran again with the beta a few days ago and got 1148. I installed the full version of Windows 10 pro and got 1201. Is my computer getting worse or is this something Windows 10 is causing?

It's hard to say what's causing the problem exactly. Do you have the full score details available?

There might be a process running on your new install of Windows that's slowing things down, or you may not have the correct drivers for GPU, etc. It could be something with your computer as well.

A full score breakdown would help

I think I'm also experiencing this same issue too as I had upgraded to Windows 10 on release day followed by a clean install a few days later. Many people claim that they tend to get higher frame rates in their games. However, according to a few tests, mine seem to be all consistently lower and I've also noticed that my Novabench scores are now lower as well.

I've included a screenshot of one of my test results for both 10 and 7, and other than Windows 10 not going into a Basic mode like Windows 7 did, I'm still stumped as to why my score during the graphics card test is lower while the others have remained more or less the same, perhaps even better.

W7.PNG

Capture.PNG

There is some chatter online about poor performance after Windows 10 (but as you say, some other report no change or improved performance). It's possible the drivers will get more polish to improve Win 10 compatibility.

For now, check the following first:

• New background tasks that may not have been running on your last install
  • Check that your card is running at full speed with AMD overdrive or GPU-Z

While I'm not exactly sure which background processes were running or not in Windows 7, I am sure that most of those in the taskbar are pretty much the same and I've checked my card in both Overdrive and GPU-Z. It seems to be running normally

One thing I've noticed after my W10 install is that my total page file size has gone down dramatically and totals 9467 MB in DXdiag, where as in W7, it was always around 16,372 MB. Does this impact PC performance in any way?

Other than the points I've made, everything seems to be running exactly the same as before.

GPU-Z snap.PNG