Sign in to follow this  
Bundy714

Why is the search next to useless?

Am I missing something or what? I ran the software because I suspect I have some kind of issue, got a result of 1220. So I go to compare results online, and it's filled in 1220 for me, and offers to search for scores close to mine.

Cool, that's exactly what I want to do. I search and get results starting at 1999.....no where even close to 1220. I can only go next a couple of pages, and Im down to scores of 1997.....it will take all day to get to a page anywhere close to my score at this rate. WTF?

Is the search actually this lame? Or am I doing something wrong? I can only go forward or backward a couple pages at a time, and that only changes scores a couple of points. I'm hundreds of points away from my score, do I serioiusly have to keep clicking for hours to finally get to the scores near mine? I tried going to the end since I could only go forward two pages at a time, and that took me to scores of 1000........so now I have to go back up two pages at a time to find scores in the 1200 range. Closer....but will still take forever. Come on man, it can't be this lame, some one please tell me I'm missing something obvious.

You're right, the search is awful! It was made when I expected to have about 10000 results in the database, not over half a million.

I'm working on a new version of everything, including the site and search features. They'll be much improved.

Until then, I've tweaked the "close to" search to be a bit better. There are still a lot of results to go through, but less than before: http://novabench.com/compare.php?s=1220

Bundy,

I'm a new user and had exactly the same complaint. I was pleasantly surprised that Nathan was so candid in his reply. A rarity these days.

In the meantime, you can find your page more quickly, by editing the page number in the URL. Heres the URL of my results on page 635: https://novabench.com/compare.php?p=635&s=931

I had to do a binary search to get there, but it's MUCH quicker than going page-by-page :-)