Sign in to follow this  
POWERSHAKER

Late 2011 17" Macbook Pro benchmark with SSD.

What do you guys think? Check out the Novabench mark for my 17" Macbook Pro. It was the last Sandy Bridge 17" made by Apple before they discontinued 17" altogether:

365630.png

Edited by POWERSHAKER

Nice machine. Scores about the same as the 15" retina MBP.

I have a 15" MBPR. I've never ran a benchmark test before and am not very knowledgeable about it. Below is the result of my second test (on the MBPR, and ever). My first was 1299. It's my first Mac and it's pretty sweet. I got it for free to review. My opinion: 5/5 stars!

366763.png

Edited by brannonbenge

Is it possible that there is a problem with the hard disk speed test when 2 SSDs (RAID 0) are installed? Other benchmarking softwares are showing transfer speeds a lot higher than what Novabench got. Maybe because Novabench shows the transfer speed of smaller block size? I don't fully understand how these speeds are calculated, can you tell me the average speed of a 7200rpm HDD measured with Novabench?
365239.png

Edited by vincentxu3

Yes, there are known issues with some SSDs in the disk speed test. It will be fixed in the next version, coming soon. We are accepting beta sign ups: https://novabench.com/forums/topic/11910-get-novabench-beta/

As for the 7200rpm HDDs, we don't record specific speeds (rpm) in the database (also coming in next version). You can check my signature for a 5400rpm drive result.