Sign in to follow this  

[OLD VERSION] Novabench won't use my gpu

Every time I run a bench the graphics are listed as my on-board Intel HD graphics.

I have a GTX 590, with the latest drivers and working normally. Why doesn't Novabench use the card?

I believe this is keeping my score relatively low.

I'm getting 1801 for the following system:

i7 2600k @ 3.8
8GBs DDR3 @ 2133
GTX 590
Corsair Force GT 180gb SSD SATAIII 6gb/s

Thanks.

This is without overclock so it's down slightly but you can see it says Intel HD graphics.

I'm not missing anything, right? The program is supposed to use my gpu?

Also: I'm currently running the RAM in single-channel; can't POST with dual for some reason. Any idea how much difference that'd make to the score? This is DDR3 @ 2133mhz.

Thanks.

4bT3qGjZPloiMsFwJA9LG3Qy.jpg

Edited by 26005902133

It looks like your system is using the discrete graphics card - the framerate is way too high for intel integrated graphics. I'll look into why it's reporting the wrong one.

As for your RAM, it's hard to say how much of an improvement to the score dual channel will make, it's already quite fast. In real life performance though, it could be worth it to figure out why it doesn't work.

Yes it is, as Nathan said, It is using your discrete graphics card. Tho after i had to re-install win7 Ult. again it's saying Intel HD Gfx, instead of saying my discrete graphics card (6770M). My thought is that NovaBench is seeing the GPU 0 (intel HD) as primary adapter and GPU 1 (6770M) as secondary.

But hey, maybe i could be completely wrong since I didn't write the program. Hopefully there will be a update soon, as I love using this program to get quick results for upgrading PC's/Laptops for my customers for performance needs so they can see I'm not trying to give them something they don't need, it's lightweight and does everything I need it to.

Cheers,
Blu

Edited by IceBlu