Sign in to follow this  
IPscrIPted

Hiding an iframe border in IE

Internet Explorer is again making trouble, whenever I try to hide the border of an iframe using border: 1px solid #FFFFFF; it doesn't show the content, but if I use border: 0px; it shows the content, but also the uglky border. WHAT is wrong with IE???? Opera, Firefox, Safari all hide the border an show the content.

Just another IE bug. Hopefully it's fixed in IE7. I don't know how to hide the border, other then the ways you already tried.

WTF? I have IE6 and it works perfectly. There's something messed up with your code then -.-;

What's ThickBox?

WTF? I have IE6 and it works perfectly. There's something messed up with your code then -.-;

What's ThickBox?

How can you know it works perfectly in IE6, if you don't have a link to his code?

This is a thickbox: http://codylindley.com/Javascript/257/thic...o-rule-them-all. Because IE renders compliant code incorrectly, frames won't appear inside the thickbox.

th iframe with the border on in ie it works, but not with it off for ie. The code works in EVERY BROWSER except IE!!! Firefox - OK; Opera - OK; Safari - OK;...

The bad thing is, that most of the visitors to the script will have IE. I just can't post a link now because the site is not yet public.

Edited by IPscrIPted

How can you know it works perfectly in IE6, if you don't have a link to his code?

This is a thickbox: http://codylindley.com/Javascript/257/thic...o-rule-them-all. Because IE renders compliant code incorrectly, frames won't appear inside the thickbox.

Sorry, I thought he meant that on any iframe, even outside of a ThickBox, the border has to be displayed.
You could just set the color to the background and it won't look like it.

If you meant an iframe in general will have to have a border, that's not true.

<html>

<HEAD>

<Body bgcolor="#000000">

</HEAD>

<iframe src="./ads.html" noresize="noresize" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" scrolling="no" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" height="25%">

</iframe>

<BR>

<iframe src="./index.html" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" height="75%">

</iframe>

</html>

that's my code.

Edited by HDRebel88

Internet Explorer is again making trouble, whenever I try to hide the border of an iframe using border: 1px solid #FFFFFF; it doesn't show the content, but if I use border: 0px; it shows the content, but also the uglky border. WHAT is wrong with IE???? Opera, Firefox, Safari all hide the border an show the content.

Hi,

I don't like IE but anyway

Try this: frameBorder = "0"
NOTICE the CAPITAL "B"

;-) Edited by Donald

Heya, Donald,

This thread is 6 years old. Just thought I'd letcha know :)

Have a good day!