NickPick528

[OLD VERSION] Windows XP *ha*

Hey @Nathan,

So regarding my problem with Windows XP and Novabench, I have actually uploaded a result from one of my XP machines in the past, and it worked fine.

Novabench Score

I fired up that machine and tried to uplaod the same locally saved NB result, and I'm getting the same error message as I have been getting in the past with Windows XP. Since you've obviously blocked results from XP machines, do you think you could somehow make it a feature in the next version of Novabench that when a foreign NB file is uploaded from a different computer, it'll keep the system specs the way it is on the actual NB file, instead of just having it read the system specs of the computer it was uploaded from and using that in the online submission? As you can probably tell, I'm pretty stubborn about this topic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by NickPick528

And here I do see you can still upload NB results from the also "outdated and unsupported" windows Vista... just now uploaded this from the VM on my XP machine.

Novabench Score

XP doesn't support the .NET framework version used in Novabench 3. Windows 7 will be the minimum supported version for Novabench 4.

I understand wanting to submit scores on older systems, but dropping support for older Windows is a technical tradeoff I have to make

Well, clearly, XP has supported it in the past. Anyway, my somewhat-solution is to upgrade my Inspiron 8000 to Vista (if it works) and upload the scores from there. The only thing that'll be wrong is the OS and I'm fine with that