kyrakis

Low Percentiles, not sure how to raise it further.

https://novabench.com/view/1201791

I found that my percentiles are really low, I have tried reinstalling new drivers, changing the power settings, have set Bios to high performance. No background processes running. I have a 750W powersupply for this and the measurements online say I only need 550W for my system. The temperatures fluctuate between 38C and 40C on average and are cooled by liquid cooling. So I am really at a loss as to what could be causing such bad performance...

Let's rule out a fluke in the benchmark - is the poor performance noticeable in games and apps? And the low test result is consistent between tests?

You've tried most of the steps I usually suggest, so it leaves a few more rare misconfigurations or possibly bad hardware.

• I've seen very poor performance when Windows is installed as AHCI mode but the disk drive is set to IDE. You can check the drive mode in the BIOS.
  • The RAM may be bad, try running memtest86+

Thanks for the quick reply, I had Memtest+ run for about 1/4 of a day and there was no issues, only interesting thing I saw is towards the end CPU was at 44 degrees C.

I checked the BIOS but I didnt see anything to set AHCI or IDE.

With games I honestly haven't noticed any issue on well optimized games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 but I am a little perplexed with getting 10 FPS on less intensive graphical games like the new Revelation Online, and Lower than 100 FPS on Final Fantasy XIV.

So I am not sure, I let my computer rest turned off for a day and saw my graphics card up in 14th percentile which makes me think it's more likely related to the CPU?

5 hours ago, kyrakis said:

So I am not sure, I let my computer rest turned off for a day and saw my graphics card up in 14th percentile which makes me think it's more likely related to the CPU?

Can you post your new score too? might help.

So my CPU is still under warranty (pretty sure), I'm thinking this would be a valid reason to call in on it, it might be the case that my GPU and Motherboard are as well. It seems we already ruled out the RAM as an issue with Memtest+ (I think), How would I best determine which to try swapping out first as I don't want to request a warranty replacement if its not required for the device.

-Sean

Can you run GPU-Z while running the Novabench graphics test. Under sensors there's a reading called perfcap (or similar) that should tell you why the GPU is limited. It may be the same reason as the CPU. It's possibly a power supply problem

Ok, the beta result being that low confirms that it isn't Novabench, something is wrong. The new test is completely different.

In your screenshot the GPU is 64C at idle, which seems a bit high. What does it reach under load? If it's close to 90C+ it might be throttling back to keep from overheating