Sign in to follow this  
SteezeSpree

Horrible Benchmark?

That processor is about 7 years old, so you won't be able to do many upgrades without replacing the entire motherboard and CPU, which would also require replacing the RAM (you're likely using DDR2, which isn't made anymore)

If you need a lower budget upgrade, replacing the hard drive with an SSD will really improve how fast it feels. But you'll still be very limited with that CPU and GPU.

• Upvote 1

Yes i was thinking along the same lines i just had to check with a more experienced person. i am using ddr2 but i have 3 2GB sticks and a 750gb hdd that i was trying to salvage to save money. the GPU is complete dead weight trying to play my games, so it has to go. i was planning on forking out the money for a new motherboard and possibly GPU, but is the processor that much of dead weight as well? I have two other desktops which i was going to check their CPUs and motherboard to see if they are compatible with my RAM. Sorry to bother i am not well versed in hardware.

A nearby computer shop is offering me a i5 with a compatible(not sure if intergrated) motherboardand for 40$ i have 4GB of memory DDR3 to throw in it and i would have to purchase most likely a new power supply/ GPU. Thoughts?

Edited by SteezeSpree