NickPick528

Windows 7 & 10 Internet Issues?

Okay so I upgraded my gaming PC to Windows 10 today (https://novabench.com/forums/topic/13223-so-windows-10/) and I already have 2 kinda big problems that never showed up with Windows 7. First of all, audio is pretty much only coming out of my left speaker, and second of all, I'm having a problem with my ethernet. See pictures and please help me, as this is my family's computer, not just mine. (Do I need to reinstall my mobo drivers? That's the only thing I can think of).

Error.png

Error2.png

Edited by NickPick528

I contacted Microsoft and now I'm back to windows 7, but my computer says "Local Area Connection" has an invalid IP Address in troubleshooting.

Edited by NickPick528

I'm not sure what the problem is. A couple of ideas come to mind:

• Driver issues (either update proprietary mobo drivers such as audio, or revert to MS default drivers)
  • Internet connection settings got wiped (for example, if you use PPPoE to authenticate with your ISP)

13 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'm not sure what the problem is. A couple of ideas come to mind:

• Driver issues (either update proprietary mobo drivers such as audio, or revert to MS default drivers)
  • Internet connection settings got wiped (for example, if you use PPPoE to authenticate with your ISP)

So how do I fix those???

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'm not sure; it sounds not so simple. What have you tried? What issues remain?

Well I backed up a system image and my data hard drive onto an external backup drive, then I upgraded the computer to Windows 10 and it told me "One or more network protocols are missing on the computer" so I chatted with Microsoft and we did some command line stuff to completely reset my Internet settings and stuff, but it still didn't work so I rolled back to Windows 7 thinking that would work, but then it gave me a new error once I was back in Windows 7 that said "'Local Area Connection' doesn't have a valid IP address". I went on to Intel's website to see if they had a driver for my network card, but I couldn't find the right one that I was going to use to reinstall on my PC. I really want Windows 10 but first I have to fix this Windows 7 Internet problem and then I'm afraid if I try to upgrade again it'll have another error and it'll be this all over again. Thanks Nathan.

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

What have you tried?

*Update*

My Galaxy S6 has a feature where if you plug it into your PC via USB, you can share your phone's WiFi or cellular data connection with the computer, so I plugged my phone in and turned the USB tethering option on and the computer got internet and in fact I'm posting this from my gaming PC right now. If I turn USB tethering off or unplug my phone my computer goes back to the Ethernet connection and then it doesn't work anymore... I already tried resetting the router too.

I had this issue earlier and later on came to know due to drivers network did not work.

Windows 10 was on its early stage which had some bugs and that has been fixed by MS in later released service packs.

Those who did not get compatibility on Windows 10 that could be because of Motherboard cause older Motherboard (not all) are compatible for Windows 10 OS.

Rolling back to earlier version on Windows will definitely fix the issue since everything was compatible and supported as well.