ZGBB

[OLD VERSION] feat. request - command line / output

I would like automate tests, create one bat file that runs cpu/ram/hdd tests and outputs results to a file. The problem is nb3tests outputs "NovaBench Testing Module[...]" information everytime. Could you add the parameter to output just the result?

It would be great also to add additional newline character because now if i run -f then -i  and output to same file (>>result.txt) i get for example:

NovaBench Testing Module 3.0.3, Copyright 2011 Novawave Inc.
See main program for more information.

avg:122890916
chs:c9482c[missing newline]NovaBench Testing Module 3.0.3, Copyright 2011 Novawave Inc.
See main program for more information.

avg:25760769
chs:a61649

The best would be to add all cpu and ram tests to command line and maybe output them as comma separated values allowing easy import to spreadsheets etc.

Novabench is great to quickly test PCs if they are good enough for particular application but could be greater and maybe more popular if it allowed to automate and customize things more easily.

Edited by ZGBB

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm looking into adding this and some other power-user features. However, it might be a paid upgrade (gotta pay the bills)

Do you think you this feature is worth a small paid upgrade fee? Novabench itself will always be free

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Hey, well, of course that your work is worth the money! About price and license policy. I like total commander very much, paid for it long time ago, and the licence is still valid for every version. I like policy like that. Probably it's also the success of the software. I wanted to support the author and also the 1/2/3 window with buttons was a bit annoying. Please consider making something like this. Of course Novabench it's not used as TC every hour, every day, but it will be installed on most of my PCs and run at least one time. For example create ok button for every command line run of the application. Something a bit annoying, but at the time allowing to use power user features. Don't use any monetizers, please. It would kill the software in my opinion. PDFcreator has something like this and many people thing it's some kind of crap when AV software shows PUP warning window during install.

I use Novabench to test every older machine. Novabench is quick to install and under 2 minutes i have general knowledge about cpu/ram/gpu/hdd. Best thing ever is nbr file creation. :)

Nice, thanks for the input

Ps. Novabench will never have bundled offers/adware/crapware! I agree with you, they're terrible