KennethMu

Need some Advice on my Results

Hello, I do not really know alot about computers, cpu/gpu and so on. I've cleaned my PC yesterday and ever since my pc is acting weird. Sudden FPS drops in games ''200+ fps drops to 20-30 for 7 seconds, then goes back up to 200+''. It's a bit weird. This is not the only issue, last night when I startup my PC it went really slow, once I reached the desktop everything freezed. Nothing was working. I left my PC on the entire night (for about 6 hours) then it was booted. That's why I've tested my CPU/GPU etc with this program but I have got no clue if it has any issues or not. I'd appreciate it if I could get some help with this. Thanks!

Verified Novabench Score: 1460

Test run on March 14, 2016 at 03:08
Microsoft Windows 10 Home

AMD AMD FX8350 EightCore running at 4000 MHz 

AMD AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series GPU

16341 MB System RAM (Score: 214)
- RAM Speed: 7473 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 679)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 244787752
- Integer Operations/Second: 640457320
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 963330

Graphics Tests (Score: 536)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1463

Hardware Tests (Score: 31)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 293 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 110 MB/s

I have cleaned pc with a maxxxter air duster, the case itself with some wipes. I haven't touched any of the hardware. I have tested my pc booting a couple more times. It boots, once at the desktop it takes about 5-10 to fully load all my programs at startup. My harddrive also makes some weird noise while loading. Once it's done loading it quiet again. (Weird clicking noise?)

I have checked the health, with this HDD Health program. Here are the results. http://prntscr.com/afc13l

It says it's alright, but still I think it's my harddrive which causes the problems. Since my CPU/GPU is fine. 

I forgot to mention this before: ''Once my pc is booted, and my programs are loaded. The PC runs fine. No issues, except for the sudden FPS drops in games. (Dota 2), that's the only game I play these days. My pc is also clean, the pc nearly has nothing on it, except for some Downloaded Movies. (Which are virus free)

Edited by KennethMu

It's possible that your Hard drive is still failing, even if it doesn't report a SMART error. I've heard of that happening with a few different manufacturers

You should run a disk test with ChkDsk: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

It's possible too that it's not hard drive related, but best bet is to rule that out first.

I have scanned my disk yesterday, it did find some issues, but the issues got repaired. After it was repaired the issue was/is still here. I seriously don't have a single clue what the problem might be. 

(I just ran another disk scan, no issues were found.)

Edited by KennethMu

Hmm, seems like it will be some more work to diagnose.

During boot when it's slow, can you try to open up the windows activity monitor and sort by highest CPU usage, to see if there's an unexpected process there. Likewise while playing Dota. You can start Dota in windowed mode and view the activity monitor during the period when the framerate drops.

Before I opened my Dota, my harddrive started to make weird noises again. My media player which I was using to watch a movie crashed. My browsers didn't work. Then it worked again and opened my Dota. Then it started to crash programs again and making weird harddrive sounds. (I have it recorded on my phone, I will upload it if I find out how to do it). I also made screenshots of my activity: http://prnt.sc/afdnlf (It's in Dutch though). I also made a screenshot of when my windows stopped working: http://prnt.sc/afdo2f

I'm sure that it is my Harddrive which is causing these problems. My CPU stays low.

I also noticed my internet connection is lost while having this lag/crash etc. 

Edited by KennethMu

I would recommend getting a new hard drive as soon as possible, taking a backup, and reinstalling windows on it.

Better than to take the risk that your drive could fail.

I'd like to do that yes, but I need to be sure that it is my Harddrive, and not something else. If you are 100% sure that it is my harddrive, I will probably get myself a new one.

I can't be 100% sure, there's just not enough to go on. All mechanical drives will fail eventually. How old is the drive?

Please check your activity monitor again, but this time under the processen tab to see exactly what process is taking 100% CPU.

It would be amazing if you could list a couple good 1TB HDD's to purchase. I don't want to spend too much money on them though.

Thanks already!

I hope you had your PC issue resolved.  I'm new to the forum but not with PCs. I've been custom building PCs since 1996.  You most definitely a HDD problem.  I recommend a Western Digital brand HDD.  I've been using them since 1996 and all of them are still running today.  They only got replaced do to customer upgrades to higher capacity.