noelfitz

[OLD VERSION] Large decease in NovaBench score

My  NovaBench score was 1350 and is now 304. As I am currently trying to sync my computer and after several days it is only 6% complete (mainly due to OneDrive) I would like to get a better NovaBench score.  I have tried to do this using CCleaner, with little success.   I would welcome advice and suggestions. Thanks.

Nathan,

many thanks for your reply to my first post here.

I regret very much, because I made a huge error.  The results I quoted were for two different computers.  I forgot that I bought a new laptop some time ago, and the results were for my old tower desktop computer and for my laptop.

So my problem may be that the score I have cannot reasonably be increased, so presumably I will just to wait for OneDrive to be synchronized.  In the meantime everything seems to work.

I wonder can synchronization be speeded.

Any suggestions to my new problem?

Noelfitz,

10 hours ago, noelfitz said:

Nathan,

many thanks for your reply to my first post here.

I regret very much, because I made a huge error.  The results I quoted were for two different computers.  I forgot that I bought a new laptop some time ago, and the results were for my old tower desktop computer and for my laptop.

So my problem may be that the score I have cannot reasonably be increased, so presumably I will just to wait for OneDrive to be synchronized.  In the meantime everything seems to work.

I wonder can synchronization be speeded.

Any suggestions to my new problem?

Noelfitz,

What kind of "sync" are you doing to OneDrive? Slowness could be caused my numerous things, like slow internet speeds, bad router, slow hard drive, wired vs wireless, etc.

Dear Nathan and NickPicl528,

Many thanks for your contributions.

I was trying to tidy my computer so I put my folders/files from OneDrive on to my desktop. Then I moved this folder to an external drive and tried to put it back into OneDrive.

I use Windows 8.1 and the normal backup procedures.

Sorry for being confused, and I appreciate help.

Understood. I have experienced very slow transfer times with OneDrive before. Please do 2 things for me. Stop the transfer if it hasn't completed yet, and run speedtest.net and save the upload and download scores and reply with them here. Also, go to the file you're trying to put on OneDrive, right click it, click properties, and tell me what it says as the size. Thanks!

Thanks, NickPick528,

I cannot terminate the sync/backup/transfer, so I paused the sync.

Download speed is 0.89 Mbps, while the upload speed is 0.27 Mbps.

The folder attempting to move to OneDrive is 73.2 GB.

I reallywould like to finally terminate/stop the transfer

3 hours ago, noelfitz said:

Thanks, NickPick528,

I cannot terminate the sync/backup/transfer, so I paused the sync.

Download speed is 0.89 Mbps, while the upload speed is 0.27 Mbps.

The folder attempting to move to OneDrive is 73.2 GB.

I reallywould like to finally terminate/stop the transfer

Ooh, those speeds are tough. I would contact your ISP (Internet service provider) I.e. Comcast, Telus, Centurylink because those speeds are really slow and you might need a new router/modem. About terminating the OneDrive transfer, I would contact Microsoft's help desk, just go to Microsft.com and click support.