NickPick528

SMART Questions :)

Hi,

On my new Kingston SSD, Acronis Disc Monitor reports the temperature as boiling (212 farenheit)... CPUID reports it as 102 farenheit... Why? I also have a bunch of "events" hapening with my SSD that are all the same (see pictures) thanks!

SMART3.bmp

SMART2.bmp

On 12/3/2015, 9:41:08, Nathan said:

Acronis is giving the wrong temperature, don't worry

Ps. are you running an Windows XP theme in Windows 7?

Ok... How about all of the "events"?

And no, I'm still running Windows XP on this laptop. I'm getting a new laptop this Christmas and so I thought it'd be cool to keep this laptop (because it's my very first one) with it's original OS :)

I would try a different SMART program. It could be a problem, but it's more likely Acronis doesn't work with that drive manufacturer (who each set their own slightly different SMART attributes)

Ah, I guess Acronis is mimicking Windows 7 look even in XP. Just so you know XP is end of life and is no longer safe to use online.

On 12/5/2015, 3:54:46, Nathan said:

I would try a different SMART program. It could be a problem, but it's more likely Acronis doesn't work with that drive manufacturer (who each set their own slightly different SMART attributes)

Ah, I guess Acronis is mimicking Windows 7 look even in XP. Just so you know XP is end of life and is no longer safe to use online.

Yes, I know. Thank you. But I have all these events on all the computers I've installed Acronis Drive Monitor on... should I try something different on all of them? And I have Avast Antivirus and McAfee on it.