NickPick528

What Version of Windows is this?

Should be XP

Next question... When I do get this error message, I've tried to boot into all 3 Safe modes, last known good config and start windows normally, but when I click on any of them, the hard drive does some stuff and then the computer reboots and shows the BIOS splash screen, and then shows this list of boot options  again... How can I get it so that the computer will actually boot to windows?

Sounds like a kernel panic. Try booting with almost nothing else plugged into the computer except the essentials.

Otherwise I would take the hard drive out, put it in a working computer and try to check the log files or just recover your files

Sounds like a kernel panic. Try booting with almost nothing else plugged into the computer except the essentials.

Otherwise I would take the hard drive out, put it in a working computer and try to check the log files or just recover your files

It's the only desktop computer I have. In that case, should I try to use it with my old laptop with an IDE extension cable?

You could also try booting into a linux live CD, such as Ubuntu

I did that, and it didnt even recognize the 120gb XP drive. It only got the DVD drive and my other hard drive that I was testingWindowsHDDInfo-UbuntuLiveBoot.thumb.png.