Sign in to follow this  
Gealii

Help me get a better score

well like the title says help me get higher I believe my drive is being read wrong causing an issue. Also when my cpu is prime95 stable at 5.16Ghz i have a lower score than when i'm at 4.8Ghz.

Here are my specs

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x8GB) 1866 MHz
Video card: Sapphire radeon 7950 x2
PSU: Corsair TX850m 850W
SSD: Corsair GS 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM
Monitors: Acer 19.5" led DVI x3, Toshiba 23" HDMI tv
Mouse: CM Storm Recon

Test run on May 11, 2014 at 20:11
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

amd.png AMD FX8350 EightCore running at 4821 MHz

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series GPU

16368 MB System RAM (Score: 216)
- RAM Speed: 7706 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 797)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 295374472
- Integer Operations/Second: 720272944
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1147646

Graphics Tests (Score: 718)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1913

Hardware Tests (Score: 18)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 931 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 91 MB/s

Looks like Novabench is testing yoyour HDD and not yoyour SSD, hence the low score. I assume Windows is installed on the HDD?

windows is installed on the ssd, but windows assigned that small 100mb file or something like that to the HDD when it was installed. so basically i need to do a fresh install and make sure my HDD is unplugged when i do it this time?

Usually Novabench should test the drive that has yoyour Windows user folder. Unplugging the drive should force the SSD to be tested, if you're just looking for a score boost.

If you want to see what yoyour SSD would score without doing that, you can choose the Tests -> Hardware Test option from the menu for more options.

i tested it this way and my HDD is getting 140MB/s where my ssd is only getting 91MB/s. Hardware score is still 18 regardless which is tested

If I may, I'll offer a suggestion.

Unless you are connected to a network and it is essential, turn off all of yoyour net work services. I've done this with a few computers and each time, they've been more stable and  much faster.

You might also turn off most of the desktop eye candy, such as shadows, annimations and so on.

I am new to this tool so haven't used it before. But my own results,  XP Home Edition, Intel Core2 Q6600 2.40GHz @ 2400 MHz, NVIDIA GeForce 210, compared to others here, seem to be pretty good for 2006 machine.

Blackviper is about the best source to start in checking which services can be turned off. But even he tends to leave networking services on, which are totally unnecessary for many users.

I don't have a lot of experience with W7 I'm afraid. I can say, I worked through each service individually, read BV's opinions then checked on other sites, including M$, Elder Geek, Overclockers, Major Geeks and others. Needless to say, turning off the wrong service or simply turning off several without checking isn't advisable.

Once I felt confident with what a service did, I could choose to turn it off or not. For example, turning off DHCP Client is flagged for turning off, in a number of sources, but will tend to make cable modems inaccessable.

The effort is worth the results.