Sign in to follow this  
tgamblin

[OLD VERSION] GPU Issue

How do i change which GPU novabench uses on my mac? it always shows that i am using the Intel HD graphics 3000 rather than my ATI radeon HD 6750M? Help would be appreciated! thanks

I think Novabench is likely just showing the wrong name, but is actually using the right card. Can you let me know the framerate result for the graphics test, and I'll verify.

Withought meaning to topic hijack, I have the same issue.

My laptop has Optimus with an Intel 3000 card and a Geforce 635M 2GB card. NovaBench only displays the Intel card when I start it up and I have tried forcing the card to be used for NovaBench in NVIDIA control panel.

My graphics results were:

Graphics Tests (Score: 77)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 248

It seemed rather low for my card but I am not sure perhaps my Geforce isnt as good as I first thought?

Thanks for any replys.

Edited by Elensar

I think Novabench is likely just showing the wrong name, but is actually using the right card. Can you let me know the framerate result for the graphics test, and I'll verify.

It states im getting anywhere from about 650-700 FPS. that would probably be about right for the AMD card correct? Is there any way to make it actually show the AMD card instead of the intel?

Withought meaning to topic hijack, I have the same issue.

My laptop has Optimus with an Intel 3000 card and a Geforce 635M 2GB card. NovaBench only displays the Intel card when I start it up and I have tried forcing the card to be used for NovaBench in NVIDIA control panel.

There are only a few 635Ms in the database, but they get about the score that you're seeing.

It states im getting anywhere from about 650-700 FPS. that would probably be about right for the AMD card correct? Is there any way to make it actually show the AMD card instead of the intel?

Looks like a bug with Novabench, I don't think you'll be able to correct it. Will be fixed in the next release. No timeframe for that.

I have the same issue. However I also get an error on trying to submit my results -> "Results rejected as invalid".

As I have 2 NVidia cards GTX 780 and GTX 470, they aren't anywhere in the same neighborhood with respect to performance. But because yoyour code identifies the slower GTX 470, but uses the faster GTX 780, you reporting results that you probably reject because they are out of spectrum for a GTX 470, when really that's a GTX 780 that yoyour code benched.

I'll be looking fwd to the bug fix.