Sign in to follow this  
Spot65

Need assistance with my setup

Hi guys,

225547.png

227787.png

questions:
1. what's up with my cpu running at 3.6GHz instead of stock standard of 3.3GHz? i did not change anything relating to my cpu
2. running novabench graphic test there is a high pitch noise: psu or gcard i don't know. sounds if it is coming from my psu(coolermaster gx 550watt)
3. are both scores on par with similar rigs? i did compare mine with other scores, with same setup as mine, however my score was 200 points at least lower than them(something to worry about?)

spot

Edited by Spot65

1 - Some motherboards overclock automatically based on what is safe to do. Sandy Bridge especially, since they are so overclockable.
2 - It's your GPU. This is normal for most cards during high FPS, due to the extra power load.

The one thing I find strage is that your Intel integrated graphics score the same as your GPU. Are you sure your GPU isn't doing the work during that test?

Thx for the reply and info Nathan!

1 - thought so - i'm not worried then as my cpu temps look good
2 - then not worried

when i ran my first first tests(gpu: hd intel gfx) i scored 13XX which seemed low to me, so i switched of AA and AF in my nvidia cp(then scored: 1546), clearly using my gtx then.:still my tests after that said gpu: intel HD gfx so I changed the setting in bios to use my pci X16 slot(or whatever it is called, can't remember). test after scored 1551 but gpu was gtx 560. weird...?

otherwise pc is running stable, was just worried about my performance since i scored quite lower than rigs with same specs as mine.

spot

Edited by Spot65