Sign in to follow this  
nkumah

How to improve score?

Hey everyone,

So I want to get a better Novabench score and was wondering what can I do to get that with the current spec on my computer? My 3D frames per second sucks, Is that because of the type graphics card I have? and last I might be getting a SSD soon, would that possible make my score better?

NovaBench Score: 471

NovaBench Score: 471

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i3 M 350 2.27GHz @ 2266 MHz
Graphics Card: IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

3893 MB System RAM (Score: 117)
- RAM Speed: 5220 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 319)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 101737500
- Integer Operations/Second: 230323332
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 667254

Graphics Tests (Score: 1)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 3

Hardware Tests (Score: 34)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 454 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 83 MB/s

A SSD will not "possibly" make your score better, it`s a certainty. Even if your machine does`nt have SATA 3 support you`ll still notice a major difference from the 83 MBps write speed you have now. With SATA 3 speed (6Gbps) Intel claims their 520 Series SSD`s can reach 550 MBps (read) / 500 MBps (write). Be prepared to pay about $2 a GB if you want one, I`ve been looking at the Samsung 830 Series it seems to have more bang for the buck. Does anyone reading this have any suggestions regarding which SSD`s have the best performance to cost ratio?

Tolerance is a very dull and boring virtue, but it is essential to the completeness of character, which allows us to endure all the unpleasantness that exists in our diverse culture. - Rod Walsh

The Graphic card is the problem. IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator HD can't support any modern games such as Diablo III and the upcoming Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012). It is the time to buy a new laptop/graphic card unless you don't play games.