Sign in to follow this  
SirGasalot

OC-Highest score so far. if you are getting 2XXX+ show us what you workin with.-OC

220945.png

NovaBench Score: 2404

19/02/2012 2:32:10 AM
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Intel Core i72700K 3.50GHz @ 5014.7 MHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

16368 MB System RAM (Score: 253)
- RAM Speed: 15137 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 947)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 208701232
- Integer Operations/Second: 1194256056
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1644400

Graphics Tests (Score: 1175)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 3007

Hardware Tests (Score: 29)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 112 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 252 MB/s

sirgas bench.nbr

I'm willing to bet your GTX580 has more to do with your score than OC'ing the CPU. I had mine OC'd to 4.5GHZ running a GTX460 and was close to yours in all areas, except for the graphics area. I don't remember if I had my video cards were OC'd or set in SLI, but I kind of doubt it. I don't think I messing around with OC'd the video cards at that time. BTW, I have since put the CPU back to stock (3.8 or 3.7GHZ) as it was too unstable at the OC speed - well, at least when I switched from an MSI P67 board to a Gigabyte Z68 board, the MSI handled the OC much better. Gigabyte will just blue screen randomly. I probably don't have the voltage set correctly. The MSI was nice and I liked the OC button and it was also easy to manually OC, but it didn't have the features of the Z68 board (which I no longer use - doh! - but I'm too lazy to swap the boards back now). I bought a 64GB SSD drive to use as a cache drive for the Z68 board but that was lame and I couldn't get it to work so I ended up installing the OS on that and used the other HDD as an archive storage. I'm happy with how fast it runs now and gotten over the Novabench scores. If I upgrade to a faster video card, I imagine I'll break well into the 2k's, but it doesn't make much sense spending more money on hardware just to improve a performance score. Every 1st & 3rd person shooter games and 3D movies I play run smooth as can be and has been a remarkable upgrade from my old q9300 CPU, as you can see from my profile link below. I think this will hold me over to the 5th Gen CPU's (next year?) If they come out that fast, I can probably wait even longer.

https://novabench.com/profile/4423
Novabench-1837.jpg

The CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
The GPU's have a custom ZeroTherm coolers installed. They have since been discontinued and were made for the non-reference GTX 460 cards.

IMG_0015.jpg

I used two different heat sinks by mistake and once they "set" I didn't feel like removing them. The heat sinks on the right card, which came with the Arctic Cooling GTX 460 kit (VR005) and stays 5 to 10 degrees Celsius cooler than the one of the left, which is using heat sinks from a ThermalRight Spitfire cooler.

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg