Sign in to follow this  
srele

NovaBench principle of operation and accuracy of results?

Is there a particular technical question you had in mind? The tests are based on benchmarking standards, such as whetstone/drystone/etc.

The results should be extremely consistent across all tests on the same hardware.

Yes there is one question I got to ask :
Update the benchmark so we can have accurate readings from AMD systems . As i do not believe the results I got from novabench.

1st with my Phenom II x6 1100T without ssd 205672.png

2nd with my new Amd FX 8120 and ssd 220112.png

Now for that matter I run my old processor with a wd sata II HDD 500 gb as C and with the new processor FX 8120 with a Corsair ssd. the results are both a disgrace as with other benchmarks the results are up to 10 times better. can somebody from the admin staff explain this to me or is Novabench only good for Intel ???

I love the interface and simplicity of the design. However, I want to ensure it is not over simplified. I am trying to use the software to illustrate the differences and impact of hardware and software changes on system performance. Thus far I've done multiple tests based on RAM increase/decrease and background applications such as Antivirus, software firewalls, and utility/mngmt programs. Are the NovaBench scores based soley on the specifics listed in the results? For example, is the graphics Test numerical score based ONLY on the 3D FPS or are there additional factors ?

Is there a particular technical question you had in mind? The tests are based on benchmarking standards, such as whetstone/drystone/etc.

The results should be extremely consistent across all tests on the same hardware.

Thank you admin. I have question about md5 hash results, how this operation is calculated and what this operation mean "to generate md5 hash"?

You can learn more about hash functions here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function

Basically the MD5 algorithm is a useful way to test many types of math operations on your CPU.