Sign in to follow this  
RomeoLINY

[OLD VERSION] I have a Vertex 3 Hard Drive = 0 Score?

Hi,

Looking for some help here. I spent a good buck on my OCZ Vertex 3 SSD hard drive for my MacBook Pro 8,2 (2011) only to find out that it's scoring a Zero on the NovaBench. Prior to this I was getting a score on my Mac Toshiba stock SSD. Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome! Essentially I'd like to see where I stand in comparison to others with my hard drive. I will respond to any other questions that might help you to figure this one out.

Thanks,
Eben

Can you run the test individually, under Tests -> Hardware Tests -> Drive Write Speed, and let me know what you get.

Can you run the test individually, under Tests -> Hardware Tests -> Drive Write Speed, and let me know what you get.

Hey Nathan,

It looks like the issue is a compatibility thing with Lion. I ran the tests before Lion and no issues, then installed Lion and saw 0 Score, then updates the software to refresh Lion with an update then it worked, then rebooted and 0 score again. Definitely a compatibility issue with Lion. Hopefully it can be fixed so I can run tests. :)

I also did the single hard drive test, everything else works but that one. but like I mentioned prior, it did work before Lion.

Thanks,
Eben PS: Following you on Twitter. Edited by RomeoLINY

Running Lion here, and I'm not experiencing any problems with that test. Might be specific to the SSD. I'll look into it.

And thanks for the follow, followed you back.

Hi there,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with the drive score coming up as 0. I am using OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSD and Lion as the operating software. Running the test individually gave the same result.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bholi

I may have found the issue, but I can't release any updates until Apple gets back to us about updating our App Store account. Not sure how long it will take, we've been waiting for a month now.