Nathan

Post your benchmark score

Here's my old tinkering machine. I use it for browsing the web, email, etc. Once I get my RMA'ed 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD back in the mail, I'll post my main machine's score...

post-25898-0-94321000-1351458376_thumb.j

Edit: Hmmm....That's weird. It post small. How do I post it big like the people above me? Also, I was just trying to change my profile pic and it said "Failed to set new photo" Help?

Edited by Tyler R

Yeah the forum shrinks attachments. You can paste the image's BBCode from its page on novabench.com. Try your profile image again now.

Is this a laptop?

Just upgraded my 4Gb memory to 16Gb and put in a 256Gb ssd
Not bad for a Mac Mini (2.5GHz)

341792.png

Edited by DPC

This is my latest score.

I found it interesting that I was getting different scores each time I ran the test even though nothing had changed. I guess you go with the average?

347929.png

Hey there, here is my oldy :) still runs good but i need to think about new OS 64bit and new set of rams :)

Verified NovaBench Score: 974

Test run on November 14, 2012 at 14:35
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

intel.png Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz running at 3800 MHz

nvidia.png NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 GPU

3544 MB System RAM (Score: 135)
- RAM Speed: 9879 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 477)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 104862296
- Integer Operations/Second: 433721564
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1147905

Graphics Tests (Score: 344)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 974

Hardware Tests (Score: 18)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 98 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 106 MB/s

Edited by Juodas

Hey, This is my NovaBench score for my crappy laptop. Hopefully I'll finish my desktop this week and post its score as well:

356526.png

Edited by Infidelious

Here's my old tinkering machine. I use it for browsing the web, email, etc. Once I get my RMA'ed 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD back in the mail, I'll post my main machine's score...

attachicon.gifMy Score.JPG

Edit: Hmmm....That's weird. It post small. How do I post it big like the people above me? Also, I was just trying to change my profile pic and it said "Failed to set new photo" Help?

Holy cow, I thought my laptop was bad...

356526.png

Novabench, your benchmarking software is bad, and you should feel bad.

How about some time for the hardware to "wake up" before stressing it?

CPU didn't even amp up the ratio until half-way into the test, and during the test it peaked at about 67% and only the phsysical cores ( which means half of the usable cores ).

I was going to use my scores as signature, but man, these scores are way off.

357838.png

It's true our benchmark isn't perfect, and I'm working on improvements for upcoming release. That said, we do implement standard tests such as whetstone and dhrystone. CPUs don't have a warm-up period; running the tests for longer would not significantly change the result or improve its accuracy.

The scores of your test are in line with the average Novabench scores for your CPU/GPU/etc. In turn, these are generally very well in line with their perceived real-world performance. See: http://novabench.com/cpuchart.php

Well, maybe not so much "warm-up", but the cpu frequency only raises after a certain time. You see, while idle, my CPU clocks on 1600mhz, and when there is a heavy load, and the 1600mhz maxes out for more than one or two seconds, the ratio clocks up to 35 from the original 16. Basically this means, it takes a few seconds to clock up from the idle ratio. If there were a second or two 100% load in the begininng, before actually measuring results, than the CPU would have time to adjust to the load, therefore the benchmark would show the result of the CPU working full load. Right now it shows how it performs at idle clocks, during recalibration and a little full power.

All in all, for cpu-s that don't work at full hz continuusly ( heck, even mobile cpus too ) there should be a few seconds of pre-stress, so the clocks would be at their maximal capability.

Edit: Included picture. On the load, you can clearly see, that there is a heavy load at the beginning and when the CPU clocks up, the load drops drastically.

benchn.jpg

Edited by fulee9999

Thanks for the clarification. Novabench should be disabling the dynamic frequency scaling (at the same time it turns off the Aero theme, if you have it). If you wouldn't mind, can you manually disable the throttling and run the test again to see if there's a score change. I'd appreciate it.

How can I get this benchmark to run the graphics test full screen so it uses my dual GPU setup properly? If I run the GPU test independently, I have the option of full screen, but the benchmark itself does not give me that option. The score is lower than it should be.

361854.png

Edited by Mr. Fox

I figure I would post my benchmark score for my late-2011 17" Macbook Pro. It was the last 17" released by Apple before they discontinued them. Let me know what you guys think. It looks like I got a really good score. What do you think?

365612.png

Edited by POWERSHAKER

366763.png

I have a MacBook Pro w/ 15.4" Retina display. It has a 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L memory, and a 256GB flash hard drive. I am very unknowledgeable about benchmarks. How does 1310 rate as a score? I received this computer for free (let's just say I got it free of charge to review), but it retails for $2499. Do you think my benchmark score is about what one would expect for that kind of money, or is it too low? I know Macs are overpriced, but if I'm being honest, this is the best computer--not just laptop, computer--that I've ever used. I mean, it's not like I see a different computer every day, but I have seen my fair share. I was a computer science major in college, but was forced to drop out after accumulating only 32 credits. So I can write a basic program using Java, and not much else, lol. Not to go into a full review, but this thing is awesome. It's only 0.71" thick and weighs 4.46 lbs. This is the first Mac I've ever owned--or used for more than a few minutes for that matter. I've always been prejudiced against Macs for no reason. I guess because I viewed them as more form than function, and less utilitarian than PCs. And when I first opened it, I thought my prejudice was justified. But the more I use it, the more it grows on me. It's not as "dumbed down" as I first thought it was. I have to say, its performance isn't slowly and steadily declining like my old Dell laptop. One last interesting thing; the MacBook tests about twice as fast on speakeasy.net's speed test as my Dell, on the same exact internet connection. Well, sorry for rambling. I guess the major reason for this post was to see what other people thought of my benchmark score. Also, does anyone else have experience with this laptop (with the same processor and memory)? If so, what do you think of it? Thanks.

Edited by brannonbenge

Im so sry but how do i post my score, im new to this and i cant find a way to post my score, any help please guide me thru how to do it, i got my score already just dont know how to post it on the board